About the opportunity:
Our global-minded client is seeking a Turner / Machinist to join their team and help them continue to provide white metal bearing solutions to the entire Asia-Pacific region.
This role will involve (but is not limited to) remetalling, machining and manufacturing white metal (babbitt) bearings to tight tolerances and high standards.
Responsibilities will include:
- Operating manual engineering machines to tight tolerances
- Establishing root cause of problems and rectifying them
- Following through and managing jobs / projects
- Providing timely and accurate reporting
- Maintaining exceptional customer service delivery
- Compliance and commitment to health and safety, quality and environmental requirements
This role will suit someone with the following background / experience / qualities:
- Trade certificate in machining with 5 years post qualification experience
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated, dependable and reliable
- (Advantage) Experience / qualification in ultrasonic and dye penetrant NDT
- (Advantage) Experience with precision tool and die making
- (Advantage) CNC programming / machining experience
- You must have your own reliable transport and clean full driver's license
- Legal right to work in New Zealand
Our client may undertake drug and alcohol testing which you will need to pass as well as clearing a criminal history check.
About the company:
Our client has been providing exceptional engineering experience and knowledge for decades. They have become a global minded company, servicing a customer base across New Zealand and the Asia-Pacific region. They assist their customers from diagnosis and report on faults, through to repair, manufacture, replacement and upgrade solutions.
What will they offer:
- A competitive remuneration package based on experience
To find out more:
If you are interested in finding out more about this role please apply below or email us