About this opportunity:
Our client, Akon Electrical, is currently on the lookout for a full-time Contracts and Office Administrator to join their Wairau Valley based team. This is an exciting, challenging and rewarding opportunity to be part of a reputable team operating in the Electrical and HVAC industry.
The primary purpose of this split role is to support the Contracts and Office managers respectively. You will be working closely and learning from industry experts to develop your skills and utilise all resources to assist with documentation and processing of various tasks. You will typically be working 3 days in Contract and Project type tasks, with the other 2 days in office administration tasks. You will be reporting directly to the Contracts Manager.
Responsibilities will include:
- Support Contracts Manager with organising contractual documents and communicating with clients, suppliers, stakeholders.
- Compile Operation and Maintenance (O&M) Manuals.
- Assist with QA processes.
- Assist with submittal of documents as required including project prestart material submittals, test sheets, certifications etc.
- Review contract instructions and correspondence, identify action points, task and follow through to close out.
- Assist with the compliance and maintenance of the company’s Health and Safety system.
- Support Office & Accounts Manager with day-to-day administration Arranging training and safety courses, refreshers, compliance, documentation.
- Payroll support.
- Organising company events, conferences including company social club, health & safety and company meetings.
This role will suit someone with the following background / experience / qualities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Prior experience in a similar role or trade within the industry (preferred).
- High degree of accuracy, with an eye for detail.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office Suite and computers.
- A positive can-do attitude with the drive to succeed.
- Superb time management skills.
- Strong focus on building successful and continuous relationships with existing customers, staff, suppliers and stakeholders.
- A loyal, honest, friendly, dedicated person who wants to upskill and grow with the company.
- A proactive and self-motivated person.
About the company:
Our client has spent the last 15+ years building its knowledge, capacity and scope of delivery in the Auckland region. Their longevity and growth is based around a combination of specialist expertise and a can-do customer focused approach to deliver the optimum outcome on every project. Their expertise includes: electrical for mechanical, building control and automation, electrical power and lighting, design & build.
What will they offer
- A fast-paced and interesting role.
- A competitive remuneration package based on experience.
- Being part of an easy going, fun and friendly team.
- A good variety of work.
- Great Wairau Valley location with free parking space!
- The company will support you in your role, offer training and upskilling.
- Potential for long-term employment with a secure, established and renowned business.
- Flexible working hours.
To find out more:
If you are interested in finding out more about the role, please apply via the link below.