About the opportunity:
Our client is the leading provider of Industrial Electrical and control system solutions in the Waikato area. They are looking for an Automation Engineer to join the team and continue to deliver electrical and engineering services to many of New Zealand’s top companies.
This role calls for an individual with an existing strong skillset as an industrial automation engineer that can look at the process and equipment to be automated, convert this process to a well thought out and well-structured code for PLC, HMI & SCADA systems.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide Automation & Project Engineering services to our Projects as and when required
- Provide Automation support to our service team as and when required; Liaise with clients
- Provide after-hours support if a programmer is needed to assist with fault finding.
- Design Turnkey solutions to meet client requirements
- Build lasting relationships w/ clients
- Manage Trade staff to complete works in a timely & cost-effective manner
- Upskill Trade staff
- Offer suggestions to improve engineering capabilities and opportunities missing
- Provide QA for projects delivered to ensure client’s & company's expectations are met.
This role will suit someone with the following background/experience / qualities:
- 2+ yrs experience in Automation in a relevant sector (Dairy, Food & Beverage, Energy, etc.)
- Electrical Registration
- Tertiary qualification (in either Automation, Electrical, Mechatronics, Process Engineering, Computer science)
- FAT, SAT, & Commissioning experience
- Experience with any automation platforms (such as Rockwell/Allen, Schneider, Citect, etc)
About the company:
For over 35 years, the client has provided three core areas of service: 24/7 Industrial Electrical maintenance and breakdown service, process/machine controls and Safety System design, assembly and installation, and electrical engineering, AutoCAD, SCADA, HMI automation.
With a dedicated team of over 50, the company’s reputation is built on the belief that the client’s success guarantees theirs!
What will they offer:
- 40-hour weeks as standard (overtime always available)
- Vehicle and phone
- A variety of work
- Be part of an easy-going and friendly team
To find out more:
If you are interested in finding out more about the role please apply via the link below. If you have any specific questions, please advise in your cover letter.