About the opportunity:
Our client, Akon Electrical, has an exciting, challenging and rewarding opportunity to be part of their team operating primarily in the area of HVAC Electrical for mechanical and building control. While their office is based in the Wairau Valley, this is a WFH opportunity while working alongside the Sales Director in Queenstown on pricing opportunities across the country with a strong focus on the Auckland construction market.
*Hours are typically 7am - 4pm, Monday - Friday (flexible)
Estimators are an integral part of the industry. The primary purposes of this role are the identification of opportunities, through to the presentation of offers to clients to win projects. You will be working closely and learning from industry experts to develop your skills and utilise all resources to prepare accurate take offs and calculations. You will analyse project specific requirements, read and interpret specifications, drawings and all things necessary to compile a competitive bid. This will include attendance of job walk-throughs and site meetings (as required).
Responsibilities will include:
- Analyse and monitor competition and market pricing.
- Aid in pricing for all aspects of estimating including design & build work.
- Update and maintain company pricing databases.
- Create tender/budget pricing based off narratives, scope documents and conceptual drawings.
- Provide unit pricing for items as required.
- Assist in pricing of variations and provide takeoffs to projects team if required.
- Maintain relationships with current clients while continually looking for new opportunities.
- Conduct pre-bid meetings with management prior to sending in quotes.
- Preparation of tender and quote proposals.
Training will be provided to advance the successful candidate. Career progression is encouraged and supported in our growing company.
Key attributes they are looking for:
- Electrical licence / similar qualifications applicable to this role.
- Must be able to read and interpret electrical and control schematics, schedules, points list, floor plans and specifications.
- Prior experience in a similar role or trade within the industry (preferred).
- High degree of accuracy, with an eye for detail.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office Suite and Computers. Bluebeam Revu experience would be an advantage.
- A positive can-do attitude with the drive to succeed.
- Superb time management skills.
- A strong focus on building successful and continuous relationships with existing customers and engaging with the industry to drive new business opportunities.
- A loyal, honest, friendly, dedicated person who wants to upskill and grow with the company.
- A proactive and self-motivated person.
- Good communication and negotiation skills.
About the company:
Our client has spent the last 15+ years building its knowledge, capacity and scope of delivery in the Auckland region. Their longevity and growth is based around a combination of specialist expertise and a can-do customer focused approach to deliver the optimum outcome on every project. Their expertise includes: electrical for mechanical, building control and automation, electrical power and lighting, design & build.
What will they offer:
- A fast-paced and interesting role.
- A competitive remuneration package based on experience.
- Career progression and training.
- Being part of an easy going, fun and friendly team.
- A good variety of work.
- Great Wairau Valley location with free parking space!
- The company will support you in your role, offer training and upskilling, and provide a mechanism for you to advance your career into other areas of the business.
- Potential for long-term employment with a secure, established and renowned business.
- Flexible working hours and ability to periodically work from home during the week.
To find out more:
If you are interested in finding out more about the role please apply via the link below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.