***Role is based in Timaru***
About the opportunity:
Our client serves private and corporate clients throughout South Canterbury and beyond, in a diverse range of building, land use and land development projects. They are offering an exciting opportunity for a Civil Engineer to join them in Timaru. This is your chance to escape the city and relocate to rural NZ whilst still being able to work on an array of exciting projects.
This position offers a mix of office and field-based tasks, working closely with the wider team to assess and fulfill client's needs.
Responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of plans for multi-lot land developments
- Project management/construction monitoring
- Engineering design
- Preparation of consents and liaison with local authorities
This role will suit someone with the following background / experience / qualities:
- 3+ years of experience in civil engineering
- Surveying or Engineering degree would be advantageous
- Competent with AutoCAD or Civil 3D design software
- Project management experience
- Experience in construction monitoring throughout projects
- Civil design work (3 waters, roads, earthworks etc)
- Contract and specification writing
- Looking towards obtaining their CPEng or licensed Cadastral Surveyor
About the company:
Our client provides services in planning, cadastral surveying, land development engineering, civil design, construction supervision, project management and structural engineering. Locally established and operating for over 140 years throughout Canterbury and Otago.
What will they offer:
- A competitive remuneration package based on experience
- Career mentorship
- Career progression and training
- Be part of an easy going and friendly team
- A variety of work
To find out more:
If you are interested in finding out more about the role please apply via the link below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.