About the opportunity:
Our client has been servicing the compressed air and gas equipment needs of the New Zealand industry for more than 61 years, they offer plenty of opportunities to advance your career, a challenging and fun work environment, and job security.
As a Field Service Technician, you will be the company's first point of contact with the customers. You will have a strong focus toward excellent customer service, the ability to complete service reports and a high level of communication.
Responsibilities will include:
- Routine service, breakdowns, fault-finding, & major overhaul on compressed air equipment
- Manage service & repair jobs via MAM & SAP to ensure accuracy for service job completion
- Identify parts required for replacement and arrange for ordering
- Report defects or potential defects with machinery under evaluation or servicing
- Provide comprehensive and accurate reports
- Actively identify other opportunities for business where appropriate at each customer visit
This role will suit someone with the following background / experience / qualities:
- Mechanical and/or Electrical trade qualifications
- Good Mechanical/Diagnosis experience
- Clean valid driving license
- Proven ability to work independently as a part of a widely spread team
- Customer oriented & solution focused
- Good computer literacy for time/service reporting
- Can be on call and travel to site
- Desirable to have field service experience, compressor maintenance or refrigeration/electrical experience
About the company:
Our client was established in 1953, and has been successfully serving the compressed air and gas equipment needs of the New Zealand industry for more than 61 years. They are a world-leading provider of industrial productivity solutions and have been included in Forbes list of the world's 100 most innovative companies. They provide market-leading, high energy-efficient compressors, gas and process compressors and expanders, air and gas treatment equipment and air management systems.
What will they offer:
- A competitive remuneration package based on experience
- Career progression and training
- Vehicle, laptop & phone
- Be part of an easy-going and friendly team
- A variety of work
- Opportunity to take control of the service work within your region
To find out more:
If you are interested in finding out more about the role please apply via the link below or email us.