About the opportunity:
Our client is a well-established expert innovator in the battery management industry. They are looking to add a Battery Monitoring Engineer in their Service Operations Team. The role will be based at their Milton Keynes office, covering the UK and EMEA. This is a great opportunity to work at a company who is committed to providing new-to-the-world solutions.
The job will involve a mix of work from home, work from the Milton Keynes office and work at customer sites throughout the UK and Europe, sometimes requiring several days away from home. You will undertake the installation and commissioning of complete Battery Monitoring systems at a variety of sites throughout the UK and Europe to either manufacturer's recommendations or customer agreed site acceptance test procedures. These installations may be part of minor works to large OEM or as project work for internal sales, they may include the need to produce drawings, system forms and carry out training with the customer or reseller.
Responsibilities will include:
- Carry out contract maintenance and inspection on a planned basis
- Provide repair service to contract clients (planned repairs or as part of a call-out facility)
- Submit required reports to service administration in a timely manner on all site activity
- Promote company image on site by providing a professional service to customers
- Instruct site staff on proper care and operation of installed equipment
- Provide information to improve the efficiency & effectiveness of the service operations
- Identify opportunities for equipment, maintenance contract and replacement battery sales
This role will suit someone with the following background / experience / qualities:
- Proof of residency and the right to work in the UK
- Proactive approach and a willingness to learn as well as excellent customer-facing ability
- Previous experience of UPS Battery Systems
- Previous experience of electrical installation work
- Excellent English and IT communication skills
- Full and clean UK drivers licence
- 18th Edition and CSCS/ECS skills card
- Other European languages a plus
- Willing and able to work away from home at times
- Site work may require an early start and a long commute at times, so you must be able to commit to this aspect of the role
What will they offer:
- A salary range of £20,000 - £35,000 per annum based on experience
- Be part of an easy going and friendly team
- A variety of work
- Van for work use
About the company:
Our client provides advanced battery monitoring solutions for organizations with critical services that rely on continuous power. Established in 1996 and based in Auckland, New Zealand, the company is independently owned and works with all the leading power conditioning and backup power companies. They operate globally and have installed battery monitoring solutions with customers in over 50 countries around the world. International customers include Bank of America, Barclays, Bloomberg, BT, CenturyLink, Chevron, Equinix, Huawei, IBM, Intel, Microsoft, Morgan Stanley and NASA.
To find out more:
If you are interested in finding out more about the role please apply via the link below. If you have any specific questions, please advise in your cover letter.