About the opportunity:
Our client is a New Zealand owned and operated architectural firm. They are currently seeking a Senior Architectural Technician / Designer to add to their tight-knit team. This is your chance to be part of a multi-awarded team that has been in the business for over 15 years.
You will be involved in all aspects of design from the preliminary concept stage through to working drawings and consent documentation. Aside from coordinating with consultants, liaising with local councils and providing support to contractors, you will also provide support to junior staff members.
Responsibilities will include:
- Use necessary physical and digital tools to create initial drafts
- Work with team members / stakeholders to ensure accuracy of early design work
- Review designs and make adjustments to designs as needed
- Research and incorporate artistic elements into designs as needed
- Ensure design specifics align to safety standards & governmental regulations
- Liaise with various professionals and departments to coordinate project details
This role will suit someone with the following background / experience / qualities:
- 4+ years experience working in New Zealand
- High level of ArchiCAD knowledge
- Skilled in 3D rendering and modelling
- An eye for detail, solid detailing and document accuracy
- Thorough understanding of NZ building code and NZS 3604 criteria
- Ability to liaise with clients, engineers, builders and council
About the company:
Our client is involved in a wide range of design projects, from simple new homes and additions to large and complex architecturally designed homes. Established in 2005, the practice has an interest in and has completed, many sustainable and energy-efficient new homes.
What will they offer:
- A competitive remuneration package based on experience
- Be part of an easy-going and friendly team
- A variety of work
To find out more:
If you are interested in finding out more about the role please apply via the link below or email us.