About the opportunity:
Our client is one of Wellington’s best workshops! They are looking for an experienced trade qualified mechanic that is wanting to take a step up into a foreman role to work alongside the manager in assisting with the day to day running of the business.
As a Mechanic, you will service, repair and maintain vehicles in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assist in the day to day operations and workflow of the workshop.
- Help to develop workshop systems that support the business efficiency.
- Verifies vehicle serviceability by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
- Complies with vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards.
This role will suit someone with the following background / experience / qualities:
- Minimum 3 years experience with trade certification; WOF AVI ideal but not essential
- European Car experience
- Full NZ driver license
- A positive work ethic with the ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Excellent customer service skills
- Impeccable organization and punctuality
About the company:
Our client started the business in 2013 from a franchise that was eventually rebranded in their own style. Backed by highly skilled staff who have worked on British and European cars for the better part of their careers, they stand behind their expertise and workmanship 100%. They also have the latest diagnostic equipment from Europe (Autel, Autologic, Snap-on, rosstech and Autodiagnos).
What will they offer:
- A competitive remuneration package based on experience
- Be part of an easy-going and friendly team
- Excellent team environment
- A variety of work
To find out more:
If you are interested in finding out more about the role please apply via the link below. If you have any specific questions, please advise in your cover letter.