About the opportunity:
Our client is a reputable inspection service provider and due to an increase in work load, they are looking to hire a PECPR (Pressure Equipment, Cranes and Passenger Ropeways) Statutory Inspector to join their team of professionals in Christchurch or Mount Maunganui.
The role is focused on carrying out equipment inspections in accordance with PECPR Regulations (1999). You will be servicing clients' through the statutory inspections of their cranes, lifting equipment and their pressure vessels / piping.
Responsibilities will include:
- Determine if the equipment inspected is in a safe and satisfactory condition
- Report the findings of inspections to the controller or manufacturer
- Examine the inspection / maintenance records of equipment
- Advise controllers / manufacturers on safety issues relating to their equipment
- Make recommendations to the client relating to issue, renewal, suspension or cancellation of a certificate of inspection.
This role will suit someone with the following background / experience / qualities:
- Certified for Pressure Equipment inspections
- CBIP certification for crane inspections (all classes)
- 5+ yrs experience in statutory inspections, industry operations, repair and new construction
- Can work independently and as part of a team
- Strong communication and organisational skills
About the company:
Our client is a New Zealand owned and operated company who provide a non-bias inspection service to clients to ensure their equipment meets New Zealand/International standards.
What will they offer:
- A competitive remuneration package based on experience
- Career progression and training
- Be part of an easy going and friendly team
- A variety of work
To find out more:
If you are interested in finding out more about this role please apply via the link below. If you have any specific questions please advise in your cover letter.