About the opportunity:
Our client is a small but growing concrete maintenance and repair specialist. They are seeking labourers who have an interest and/or experience in the concrete industry to join their team.
The company undertakes a wide range of projects dealing with concrete, including floor coatings, joint sealing, readying pre-cast walls to be painted, core drilling, sanding and polishing. The role responsibilities will vary based on your experience/qualifications.
Responsibilities will include:
- Use equipment e.g. grinders and mixing equipment
- Work responsibly and safely with tools and equipment
- Read and interpret plans or drawings
- Pour, spread, compact, smooth and polish concrete by hand or machine
- Drive heavy vehicles such as concrete trucks
This role will suit someone with the following background / experience / qualities:
- Willing to learn and do the job
- Previous experience in concrete, screeds, coatings, sanding and polishing (desired)
- Physically fit and healthy
- Have a great attitude towards health and safety
- Able to work well in a team as well as unsupervised
- Full valid drivers license (advantage but not necessary)
- Flexible to work outside of standard business hours as required
About the company:
Our client is a small New Zealand owned and operated business who are currently in a growth phase. They offer a range of services to repair, enhance and extend the life of old or new concrete structures.
What will they offer:
- Competitive remuneration based on qualifications, experience and responsibilities of the role
- Career progression and training
- Be part of an easy-going and friendly team
- A variety of work
- Immediate start
- Regular hours are Monday - Friday 7am - 5pm with two 30 minute breaks
To find out more:
If you are interested in finding out more about this role please apply via the link below. If you have any specific questions please advise in your cover letter.