About the opportunity:
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Painter with sound knowledge of the trade to become part of their friendly team in Christchurch.
You will work on new houses, handling projects from start to finish, painting mainly interiors and exteriors.
Responsibilities will include:
- Surface preparation
- Apply paints and varnishes with brushes and rollers.
- Plaster joints and patch holes
- Sand and smooth surfaces
- Use ladders, scaffolding and mobile platforms
This role will suit someone with the following background / experience / qualities:
- Trade qualified with 5+ years experience as a skilled painter
- Have own basic tools
- Be health and safety conscious with Site Safe passport (can do this through client)
- Clean full driver’s license and car (need to be able to travel to job sites)
- Good communication skills
- Punctual, reliable and tidy
- Ability to produce quality work and follow directions
- Proficient in spray techniques (desired)
About the company:
Our client was established in 2011 and has an excellent crew of experienced and qualified painters and decorators. The current director is a very experienced painter with 20 years of residential and commercial painting and decorating experience. They specialise in residential and commercial interior / exterior plaster and paint.
What will they offer:
- A competitive remuneration package based on experience
- Be part of an easy-going and friendly team
To find out more:
If you are interested in finding out more about this role please apply below or email us.