About the opportunity:
Our client is looking for a Qualified Carpenter in Palmerston, approximately 40 minutes from Dunedin. They are offering a great team culture, competitive hourly rate, growth opportunity within the company and a wide range of challenging builds.
Your primary role will be to produce high-quality carpentry work whilst ensuring the projects run safely and efficiently. You will have a good attitude, an excellent work ethic and be a team player.
Responsibilities will include:
- Read drawings and specifications and carry out the works accordingly
- General site work, support and labouring as required
- Maintain company's levels of quality
- Ensure the site is clean and tidy
- Make sure that all jobs are in line with the company's Health and Safety protocols
This role will suit someone with the following background / experience / qualities:
- Have completed a carpentry apprenticeship (current LBP number desired)
- Experience with renovations, new residential builds, and light commercial work (desired)
- Clean and current driver’s license
- Preferably has own power and hand tools
- Able to handle the physical demands of the role
- Takes pride in the work produced and personal ownership of actions
- Acts with honesty and professionalism
About the company:
Our client specializes in the construction and renovation of residential and commercial projects in the Palmerston and wider Otago area. Formed in 2014, they are a privately owned company that is a robust, stable force in the industry. They have the skills and experience necessary to address any technically challenging aspects of a project combined with the attention to detail.
What will they offer:
- A competitive remuneration package based on experience
- Career progression
- Be part of an easy-going and friendly team
To find out more:
If you are interested in finding out more about this role please apply below or email us.