About the opportunity:
Our client is looking for an experienced Mechanical Fitter to join their team. This role is ideal for someone with a solid understanding of mechanical issues and excellent problem-solving skills, who would enjoy working with like-minded professionals.
The purpose of the role is to provide mechanical capability during the build of purpose-built heavy equipment. You will be expected to have an understanding of hydraulics, electrical, air conditioning and general mechanical fitting.
Responsibilities will include:
- Troubleshooting and problem solving mechanical/electrical faults
- Investigate equipment failures, implement improvements and troubleshoot if necessary
- Monitor the operation in a pro-active manner to avoid failure/defects during operation
- Repair and maintenance of mechanical equipment and replacement of defective parts
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with customers/staff representatives
This role will suit someone with the following background/experience /qualities:
- Trade qualified in engineering
- 3-5 years NZ industry experience
- Current New Zealand driver’s licence
- A wide range of proven mechanical engineering skills
- Good knowledge of fitting and working to best practice
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Be able to work flexible work hours
About the company:
Our client provides specialist expertise in design, manufacture, installation and maintenance. Formed in 1992, they have grown and built a team of experienced and qualified personnel.
What will they offer:
- A competitive remuneration package based on experience
- Career progression and training
- Be part of an easy-going and friendly team
To find out more:
If you are interested in finding out more about this role please apply below or email us at email@example.com and quote reference number JO-2103-2136.