About the opportunity:
Our client is a family business that produce handcrafted granite, marble and stone products. The role will start as a Trainee Manager and progress into running the company's day to day operations.
Part of the job will be reading and interpreting plans and specifications. You will also work and adapt to a variety of different and unique client sites. In a nutshell, you will join the team and learn the day to day operations of the business and then progress into managing the business solely.
Responsibilities will include:
- Travel to client sites (Invercargill, Southland, Otago, Central Otago and Fiordland regions)
- Understand and apply quality control techniques
- Heavy lifting
- Perform work unsupervised or in a team environment
- Educate clients on our services
- Exercise good interpersonal and communication skills
This role will suit someone with the following background / experience / qualities:
- 5+ years management experience - if less, then have the right attitude and skills
- Previous experience as a qualified Joiner or Builder
- Organisational and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure
- Able to learn the factory side of the business/pricing
- Full drivers licence
- Professional approach and excellent attention to detail
- Need to be willing to learn and upskill
About the company:
Our client brings the best in granite, marble, and engineered stone to all of Southland. This is a family-owned business that has proudly built up a reputation for offering high-quality products at competitive prices for both commercial and residential properties. Their small specialist team has 30 years experience in the industry.
What will they offer:
- A competitive remuneration package based on experience
- Career progression and training
- Be part of an easy-going and friendly team
- A variety of work
- For the right candidate can offer a laptop, use of company car and a phone
To find out more:
If you are interested in finding out more about this role please apply below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and reference job number JO-2103-2125.