About the opportunity:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a creative individual to join our Christchurch based client who specialises in Residential and Commercial Design throughout New Zealand. They are currently seeking a Senior Technician to join their existing team. So, if you share a unique focus in quality, energy-efficient and well crafted homes and buildings, you will fit right in!
You will ensure that all works are carried out to specific standards, building codes, guidelines and regulations. Part of the job is to cooperate and liaise with construction professionals. You will also have total control of the projects from start to finish to ensure high quality, innovative and functional design.
Responsibilities will include:
- Take the “brief” to identify clients’ needs and put together design proposals
- Develop ideas keeping in mind client’s needs, building’s usage and environmental impact
- Produce detailed drawings and make any necessary revisions
- Compile project specifications
- Keep within agreed timelines
This role will suit someone with the following background / experience / qualities:
- 5+ years work experience in the industry
- Knowledge of building products, construction, relevant rules / regulations / quality standards
- Visual awareness and an eye for detail
- Strong imagination and the ability to think and create in three dimensions
- Excellent drawing skills and familiarity with design software (ArchiCAD, Adobe Photoshop) is an advantage
About the company:
Our client is a home-grown team that genuinely loves design and are committed to producing outstanding residential and commercial architecture throughout New Zealand. The group is a tight team of designers who share a passion for delivering beautifully crafted spaces.
What will they offer:
- Be a part of an easy-going and friendly team
- Competitive remuneration based on experience
To find out more:
If you are interested in finding out more about this role please apply below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and quote reference number JO-2103-2120