About the opportunity:
Our client is a reputable concrete repair company who has been in business for over a decade. They have a local and supportive team culture and are dedicated to attracting and retaining extraordinary team members. Based in Auckland but occasional trips to the Waikato, and across the North Island; this is an excellent opportunity for a Site Manager / Engineer to develop your career.
As the Site Manager/Engineer, you will supervise staff on-site and ensure that staff comply with relevant standards, legislation and customer requirements. Part of your job is to plan, direct and coordinate worksite activities. In addition, it is your responsibility to improve performance, productivity, efficiency and health and safety through the implementation of effective methods and strategies.
Responsibilities will include:
- Investigate customer complaints and respond through the corrective action system
- Manage the non-conformity system to ensure product is processed, analysed and reported
- Promote awareness of customer satisfaction requirements throughout the organisation
- Assist HSE officer with the investigation of Health, Safety and Environmental events
- Supervise employees and contractors
- Provide technical advice
- Train staff as required
- Purchase – liaise with suppliers in conjunction with the Logistics Officer
This role will suit someone with the following background / experience / qualities:
- At least 3 years experience
- Good and effective communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Knowledge of concrete work
- Possess strong leadership ability, and able to work as part of a team
- Ability to be proactive and also to foresee events and react appropriately
About the company:
Our client is a New Zealand concrete repair specialist focusing on two major fields, civil infrastructure and commercial construction. Over the years they have increased the scope of services offered to clients. While they still remain true to their original heritage by continuing to offer exterior plastering services, their core focus is now bridge construction and maintenance, concrete repair and installation of seismic reinforcement systems.
What will they offer:
- A competitive remuneration package based on experience
- Career progression
- A variety of work
To find out more:
If you are interested in finding out more about this role please apply below or email us at email@example.com and quote reference number JO-2103-2110.