About the opportunity:
We have an opportunity for an experienced Estimator to join our client's team. Although challenging, this role is also very rewarding and the successful candidate will play a crucial part in the ongoing success of our client's business. If you live and breathe safety, are innovative, and keen to get involved in new, exciting, and long-term projects then this could be the opportunity for you.
The role involves creating a sound groundwork for future work engagements for the business. The focus will be on finding, assessing, submitting, and securing tenders. While preparing and creating tender programmes and methodologies, it is expected that the chosen candidate will liaise with clients and subcontractors.
Responsibilities will include:
- Strategic planning of future workload
- Identify, assess, submit and secure tenders
- Create tender programmes and methodologies whilst liaising with clients and subcontractors
This role will suit someone with the following background / experience / qualities:
- A degree or equivalent industry related qualification
- A minimum of 5 years in the civil sector with at least half in an estimating role
- Having an engineering background is an advantage
- Experience in a wide range of civil disciplines
- A proven track record of successfully winning projects
- It's essential to have a valid drivers licence
- Excellent organisation and communication skills with a strong attention to detail
- Have the ability to read and work off drawings and plans
About the company:
The client is a New Zealand concrete repair specialist that focuses on two major fields, civil infrastructure and commercial construction. It is a trusted company that has evolved from a small family run business operating in Auckland for more than 25 years. They offer all clients the accessibility and personal attention of a family owned business but with the back up and resources of a much larger company, working to the highest of professional standards.
What will they offer:
- A competitive remuneration package based on experience
- Career progression through to managerial positions
- A variety of work
To find out more:
If you are interested in finding out more about this role please apply below or email us