About the opportunity:
Our client is a licensed construction company in the Bay of Plenty with relevant experience in carpentry on residential and commercial sites and structures of all kinds. With a relaxed and friendly culture this team pride themselves on getting the job done right first time! They are currently looking for an experienced Builder / Hammer-hand to join their team of professionals. You will be working with people who respect the skills you bring to the job and who will help you progress your career.
You will demonstrate excellent carpentry skills and enjoy working with the team, or independently, as required. This role involves a variety of works and job-sites - you will never be bored! A mature and flexible attitude is important - together with strong communication skills.
Responsibilities will include:
- Ability to accurately read and interpret drawings
- Carpentry work (and finishing work)
- Concrete formwork (e.g. slab)
- Installation of structures and fixings e.g. windows and hardware
- Ensure H&S protocols are adhered to in all projects
This role will suit someone with the following background / experience / qualities:
- Highly skilled with 5+ years experience
- Reliable with own tools and transport
- Able to manage daily job requirements
- Confident in communicating with clients and other sub-trades
- Have solid planning and initiative skills
About the company:
Our client is composed of a tight knit group of professionals who personally attend to all projects to ensure they are on programme. Works include residential and commercial, new builds from the ground up, total and partial renovations, fit outs, cladding, decking, fencing and a variety of other projects including maintenance works and insurance jobs.
What will they offer:
- Great pay rates
- Career progression
- Variety of work
- Potential for vehicle
- Relaxed and friendly team
To find out more:
If you are interested in finding out more about this role please apply below or email us and quote reference number JO-2102-2102.