About the opportunity:
Our client has an opening for a leadership role in their well-established team! They are seeking someone who has a proven record as a leader - this is an opportunity for the right person to grow into a management role.
As Team Leader / Leading Hand, your role is to provide effective guidance to the team while working alongside them (as time allows). The Team Leader / Leading Hand is responsible for the supervising, managing and motivating of staff. You will perform a wide variety of tasks of differing difficulties, including but not limited to site scopes, job planning, sample testing, removal, audits and lead and direct the work of others with a wide degree of creativity and or latitude.
Responsibilities will include:
- Create a motivating environment
- Set clear team goals and objectives
- Work with the manager to plan / organise the day-to-day running of workers and sites
- Ensure accurate site records are maintained
- Identify the training needs of the team and help arrange coaching / training as required
- Work with senior management in resolving serious issues and / or conflicts
This role will suit someone with the following background / experience / qualities:
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Experience with developing written documentation
- Ability to oversee training and safety needs across a range of workers
- Ability to ensure expected job outcomes through time and resource management
- Asbestos A and B handles or supervisor training and certificate would be a plus
About the company:
Our client is a family run business specialising in industrial and commercial insulation and asbestos removal. Since 2006 they have managed over 9000 properties for asbestos and other hazardous related services. Their experience with industrial insulation spans over 40 years.
What will they offer:
- A competitive remuneration package based on experience
- Career progression and training
- Vehicle, phone and uniform
- Be part of an easy going and friendly team
- Auckland based but working throughout the North Island
- Opportunity to move to Wellington for the right person!
To find out more:
If you are interested in finding out more about this role please apply below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and quote reference number JO-2102-2098.