About the opportunity:
Our client currently has a vacancy for a manager / caretaker to look after their 35 room motel, situated in front of beautiful Taupo Lake. You will be in charge of managing the day to day running of the motel. The best part is, the successful applicant will live on-site in a modern and spacious 2 bedroom residence.
You will be in charge of administrative duties and all reception duties including the current reservation management system. Part of the job is to report issues / actions needed for the Body Corporate relation to common areas to the Principal. Another part of the role is to carry out the day to day operation of the motel.
Responsibilities will include:
- Management of inventory and cash
- Dealing with customer complaints and comments
- Supervising housekeeping
- Spa pool operation
- Organise and supervise maintenance / repairs to the property
- Reconcile daily banking / revenue and manage the debtors and creditors in a timely fashion
- Recruiting, training and monitoring staff
This role will suit someone with the following background / experience / qualities:
- Previous motel management experience
- Ability to work within budget guidelines
- Exceptional customer service, sales and communication skills
- Good computer literacy
- Motivation to drive the business forward, through a variety of marketing strategies
- Assist and oversee all areas of the property including property maintenance
About the company:
Our client is a New Zealand owned hotel management company, currently operating four hotel properties in New Zealand and Australia. They offer absolute hotel luxury for leisure or for business by a team of friendly and professional guest services staff.
What will they offer:
- A competitive remuneration package based on experience
- Be part of an easy going and friendly team
- A variety of work
- 1 week comprehensive training is provided prior to commencement.
To find out more:
If you are interested in finding out more about this role please apply below or email us