About the opportunity:
Our client is looking for a Mechanic to join their longstanding team of professionals as a field service diesel mechanic. The role will cover the South Waikato and Rotorua districts.
As a mechanic, you will perform diagnostics to identify problems and work with a wide range of tools to maintain and repair machinery, trucks and cars.
Responsibilities will include:
- Servicing and COF work on trucks and trailers and roading machinery
- General repairs and maintenance done mostly in workshops
- Ensure workplace is clean and tidy after shift
- Observe health and safety protocols at all times
- Order parts and communicate with clients as required
This role will suit someone with the following background / experience / qualities:
- 5 years experience as a mechanic
- A relevant qualification
- Heavy Vehicles license required
- HT license (preferred but not essential)
- Great communication skills, reliable and able to organise own work schedule
- Enjoys working alongside a team and has the ability to work unsupervised.
About the company:
Locally owned and operated, our client's mechanical service business has been running for almost 20 years. They specialize in mechanical repairs and maintenance on heavy machinery, trucks and cars.
What will they offer:
- A competitive remuneration package based on experience
- Be part of an easy going and friendly team
- A variety of work
- A field service truck will be provided for travel to and from work
To find out more:
If you are interested in finding out more about this role please apply below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org