About the opportunity:
Our client is a longstanding leader in their field. They are seeking someone with a background in the electrical field to join their team as a System Controller. You could already be in this field or looking to take the next step in your career and be trained up for the role. This role involves time on call for which you will be provided a generous standby and overtime payment schedule.
The main role is to operate our client's distribution network and generation station to ensure maximum availability of power to their customers. You will be handling all aspects of power outages including outage scheduling, fault switching and media exposure. The role requires a high level of health and safety practices.
Responsibilities will include:
- Release co-ordination of outages on the network
- Monitoring the power network and related schemes
- Enforce operation and safety procedures
- Promote continuity of supply to customers
This role will suit someone with the following background / experience / qualities:
- Basic experience working in a power company as a Line Mechanic or Electrician
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Safety first attitude and a calm demeanour for dealing with challenging situations
- Dedication to getting results
- Ability and willingness to change and accept new working practices
- Familiarity with the West Coast region
About the company:
Our client is the West Coast’s leading domestic, industrial and commercial electrical contractors. Their services include high voltage distribution services, along with industrial and domestic electrical services for residential and commercial consumers. Formed in 1997, this company now has 130 staff employed.
What will they offer:
- A competitive remuneration package based on experience
- Excellent standby / overtime package
- Career progression and training
- A variety of work
To find out more:
If you are interested in finding out more about this role please apply below or email us